If you’re tired of traffic and the suburbs, you will love your visit to Old Town. Come enjoy a wonderful meal on the Walking Mall; eat at an outdoor cafe and watch people stroll by or dine in a sumptuous dining room with a crackling fire. No matter the season or your dining preference, Old Town Winchester has something for you. And after your meal, visit our unique shops, enjoy a drink or an ice cream cone, stroll down shady streets, and enjoy the feeling of nostalgia here. It’s like coming home.
Tips for Visiting Downtown:
- Park in one of the four convenient Autoparks and spend a few hours exploring on foot. (Check out parking info here.)
- Best day to shop: Friday or Saturday — Most Quiet Day — Sundays (a great day for a quiet stroll around the historic district)
- Don’t miss: Handley Library, the George Washington Hotel, Mt. Hebron Cemetery.
- Check out our Downtown Guide for a quick glance at shops, parking, and more.
- Come cool off at our Splash Pad located on the south end of the Pedestrian mall.
- The public restroom’s hours are 8am to 7pm, 7 days a week.
- Many businesses in Old Town Winchester offer discounts to students of Shenandoah University and Laurel Ridge Community College. Click here for a full list of participating businesses.