2024 Old Town Creative Communities Partnership Grant
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2024 OLD TOWN CREATIVE COMMUNITIES PARTNERSHIP GRANT ARE CLOSED
The City of Winchester values the role of art in the community and seeks to foster art within Old Town Winchester. To support this goal, the City apples yearly for a Virginia Commission for the Arts Creative Communities Partnership Grant of $4,500. When and if received, a matching $5,000 is put forward from the Old Town budget for a total of $9,500. The grant funding may then be awarded to any independent arts organization with a non-profit status and can be spent to support arts activities occurring inside of the Old Town Winchester Special Assessment Districts. Funds may be spent in any way to support the qualifying activity, with the exception of paying performers.
The City has regularly been awarded a grant in the past and as recently as 2023. Previous recipients of the grant include Arte Libre VA, First Night Winchester, Skyline Indie Film Festival, the Shenandoah Arts Council, and Arts Chorale of Winchester. For more information, please contact Jenny McDonald at (540) 313-3040 or email@example.com. To apply for the grant, fill out the Creative Communities Partnership Grant 2024 Application by February 19, 2024, and submit to Jenny McDonald via email or in person at 117 E. Piccadilly Street, Suite 301, Winchester, VA 22601 .
- Proposed art activity must take place within the Primary or Secondary Assessment Districts in Old Town Winchester
- Organization applying for funds must be a non-profit independent art organization
- Grants are only awarded if the City of Winchester receives the Creative Communities Partnership Grant
- The funds cannot be used to pay a performer for a specific performance, and funds must be spent between July 1, 2024 and June 30, 2025
- January 2024: Old Town Creative Communities Partnership Grant application made available
- February 19, 2024: Submission deadline for Old Town Creative Communities Partnership Grant applications
- February–March 2024: Applications are reviewed and recipients are selected and notified
- April 1, 2023: Creative Communities Partnership Grant application is submitted by the City of Winchester
- June 2023: When the City budget receives approval, recipients will be notified of their status
- July–August 2024: VCA notifies the City of Winchester whether they will receive a Creative Communities Partnership Grant. Applicants are notified of the status of grant awards once the City of Winchester is notified.
- August–December 2024: If the grant is awarded, recipients may submit an invoice for granted funds
- February 1, 2025: Final grant reporting due to VCA
- June 2025: Recipients submit proof that the proposed activity occurred and that credit was given to VCA
– Applicants will be asked to provide event/program information to show how the funds were used.
– Applicants will be asked to provide information to show how credit was given to VCA and NEA.