2020 Old Town Creative Communities Partnership Grant
The Old Town Advancement Commission values the role of art in the community and seeks to foster art within Old Town Winchester. To support this goal, the OTAC has recommended the City apply yearly for a Virginia Commission for the Arts Creative Communities Partnership Grant of $4,500. When and if received, a matching $5,000 is put forward from the Old Town budget for a total of $9,500. The grant funding may then be awarded to any independent arts organization with a non-profit status, and can be spent to support arts activities occurring inside of the Old Town Winchester Special Assessment Districts. Funds may be spent in any way to support the qualifying activity, with the exception of paying performers.
The City has regularly been awarded a grant in the past and as recently as 2019. Previous recipients of the grant include First Night Winchester, Skyline Indie Film Festival, the Shenandoah Arts Council, Bluemont Concerts, and the Arts Chorale of Winchester. For more information, please contact the Community Arts & Vitality Manager at (540) 535-3661 or OTW@winchesterva.gov. To apply for the grant fill out and submit the Creative Communities Partnership Grant 2020 application by January 25, 2020.
- Proposed art activity must take place within the Primary or Secondary Assessment Districts in Old Town Winchester.
- Organization applying for funds must be a non-profit independent art organization.
- Grants are only awarded if the City of Winchester receives the Creative Communities Partnership Grant.
- The funds cannot be used to pay a performer for a specific performance; the funds must be spent between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021.
- December 2019 – Old Town Creative Communities Partnership Grant Application made available.
- January 31, 2020 – Submission deadline for Old Town Creative Communities Partnership Grant Applications.
- February 2020 – OTAC reviews and votes on the applications at the monthly board meeting in City Hall and makes recommendations to the City on grant recipients
- April 1, 2020 – A Creative Communities Partnership Grant application is submitted by the City of Winchester to VCA based on OTAC recommendations on applicants.
- June 2020 – When the City Budget receives approval recipients will be notified of their status
- July 2020 – VCA notifies the City of Winchester whether they will receive a Creative Communities Partnership Grant. Applicants are notified of the status of grant awards once the City of Winchester is notified.
- August – December 2020 – If the grant is awarded, recipients may submit an invoice for granted funds.
- June 2021 – Recipients submit proof that the proposed activity occurred and that credit was given to VCA.
– Applicants will be asked to provide event/program information to show how the funds were used.
– Applicants will be asked to provide information to show how credit was given to VCA and NEA.