2019 Season Now Open
The Old Town Farmers Market is now open for the the 2019 Season! Be sure to join us on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. through September 28th at the Taylor Pavilion.
The goal of the Old Town Farmers Market is to provide fresh, local food and agriculture products directly from farmers and producers to residents, while creating an enjoyable atmosphere that contributes to a prosperous downtown and promotes a sense of community in Old Town Winchester.
The Old Town Farmers Market is comprised of local farms, local artisans and others sharing items from the surrounding area. We are always looking for new vendors to add variety to the market. The market has a community approach and encourages lingering and local entertainment. The market strives to offer a wide variety of items for sale including in-season fruits, vegetables, artisan breads, baked goods, pastured pork, jam, eggs, herbal teas, natural body care products, and many other items (produce and items for sale may vary each week). All items are grown or produced within a 35-mile radius of Winchester.
Contact Jennifer Bell, Downtown Manager, or Sarah Acuff Chapman, Market Coordinator with any questions. (540) 535-3660 or OTW@winchesterva.gov
2019 Season Vendors Include:
- ALMA Apothecary & Spice (Stephens City, VA) – Organic herbal teas (handcrafted, small batch), organic spice blends (handcrafted, small batch), organic herb seedlings, herbal candles, herbal oils, and healing balms. All products are produced using ethically sourced, organic and natural, fair trade ingredients.
- Boward Family Farm (Augusta, WV) – Produce, eggs, skin care products, bug spray, baked goods, dried herbs, canned fruit and produce, jams and jellies, seasoned salts.
- Creative Concessions (Cross Junction, VA) – Fresh kettle corn (original and specialty flavors), frosted nuts, gourmet cotton candy, and fresh squeezed lemon shakers.
- Ebys Baked Goods (Stephens City, VA) – Baked goods, cookies, bread, quick breads, seasonal goodies such as pumpkin bread and pies, strawberry pies, rhubarb pie, and more.
- Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardeners Association (Frederick County, VA) – Educational gardening display and information provided by Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardener volunteers.
- R&E Chocolates (Strasburg, VA) – Artisanal chocolates, truffles, cake pops, Oreos covered in chocolate, lollipop chocolates.
- Ramble on Remedies (Winchester, VA) – All-natural elderberry syrup (homemade) and herbal tea blends (loose leaf and bags).
- Scruples Coffee (Front Royal, VA) – Craft roasted coffee.
- Seeds of Grace Acres (Augusta, WV) – Produce, eggs, and cut flowers.
- Smoky Bend Farm (Berkeley Springs, WV) – Produce, pasture raised pork, cut flowers, potted plants, transplants, dried gourds, and luffas.
- Tannery Rags (Star Tannery, VA) – Weavings, especially rugs and placemats, felted dreads, felted hair decorations, felting kits, dryer balls, woven jewelry, belts and rags, pot holders, supplies for kids to make items and spindle spinning kits with wool.
The map below shows the location of the Saturday Market at the Taylor Pavilion, nestled between the Loudoun Street Mall and the Braddock Street Auto Park. The parking in the garage is $1 per hour and metered parking is free on Saturdays. On market days, reserved parking for most vendors will be available in the lot adjacent to the auto park. (click map to enlarge)