We hope everyone has a wonderful winter and check back for updates on the 2020 market season!
Questions? Contact Sarah Acuff Chapman, Market Coordinator. (540) 535-3660 or OTW@winchesterva.gov
Take a look at our 2019 season!
Shop Local at this one day Holiday Market on December 14 featuring favorite farmers market vendors from the regular season as well as new specialty vendors!
The market will be held on the N. Loudoun Street Mall from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Enjoy all that Old Town has to offer during our Annual Holly Jolly Celebration with carolers, horse drawn wagon rides, storytelling, holiday films, crafts, shopping specials and more at downtown businesses! For more information on the Holly Jolly event including schedule, click here!
Holiday Market Vendors include:
- Andrea’s Goodies (Winchester, VA) – Cut out sugar cookies, oatmeal cinnamon chip & sea salt bars, handmade marshmallows, chocolate chip cookies, gingerbread house kits, cookie kits.
- Boward Family Farm (Augusta, WV) – Garlic by the pound and braids, garlic pepper finishing salts, dried peppers, jams and jellies, hot sauce, pickled veg. All natural handcrafted small batch body care products such as body butters, lip balms, sugar body scrubs, natural deodorant, tooth powder, skin salves, essential oil sprays and roll-ons. Handmade Adirondack pack baskets from Ironwood Farms Basketry.
- Creative Concessions (Cross Junction, VA) – Fresh kettle corn, frosted nuts, cotton candy, hot cocoa.
- Hello Haberdashery (Capon Bridge, WV) – Hair accessories, top hats, earrings, pins, fascinators, circlets, cuff links, floral crowns.
- Old Valley Pike Soap Company (Strasburg, VA) – Cold process soaps, novelty shape soaps, body butters.
- R&E Chocolates (Strasburg, VA) – Artisanal truffles, chocolate covered cookies, chocolate lollipops, cake pops.
- Scruples Coffee (Front Royal, VA) – Fresh roasted coffee beans, sugar scrubs, BBQ rubs.
- Smoky Bend Farm (Berkeley Springs, WV) – Mangalista pork, heritage breed pork, Tuscano kale, Redbor kale.
- Valley Stream Marketplace (Winchester, VA) – Botanical crafts including dried wreaths, floral Christmas ornaments, potpourri, sachets, paperwhite narcissus, felted items including soaps and ornamental crafts.
Thank you everyone for a successful 2019 season!
The Old Town Farmers Market 2019 season was held on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. through September 28th at the Taylor Pavilion.
The goal of the Old Town Farmers Market is to provide fresh, local food and agriculture products directly from farmers and producers to residents, while creating an enjoyable atmosphere that contributes to a prosperous downtown and promotes a sense of community in Old Town Winchester.
The Old Town Farmers Market is comprised of local farms, local artisans and others sharing items from the surrounding area. We are always looking for new vendors to add variety to the market. The market has a community approach and encourages lingering and local entertainment. The market strives to offer a wide variety of items for sale including in-season fruits, vegetables, artisan breads, baked goods, pastured pork, jam, eggs, herbal teas, natural body care products, and many other items (produce and items for sale may vary each week). All items are grown or produced within a 35-mile radius of Winchester.
Sarah Acuff Chapman, Market Coordinator with any questions. (540) 535-3660 or OTW@winchesterva.gov
2019 Season Vendors Include:
- ALMA Apothecary & Spice (Stephens City, VA) – Organic herbal teas (handcrafted, small batch), organic spice blends (handcrafted, small batch), organic herb seedlings, herbal candles, herbal oils, and healing balms. All products are produced using ethically sourced, organic and natural, fair trade ingredients.
- Boward Family Farm (Augusta, WV) – Produce, eggs, skin care products, bug spray, baked goods, dried herbs, canned fruit and produce, jams and jellies, seasoned salts.
- Creative Concessions (Cross Junction, VA) – Fresh kettle corn (original and specialty flavors), frosted nuts, gourmet cotton candy, and fresh squeezed lemon shakers.
- Ebys Baked Goods (Stephens City, VA) – Baked goods, cookies, bread, quick breads, seasonal goodies such as pumpkin bread and pies, strawberry pies, rhubarb pie, and more.
- Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardeners Association (Frederick County, VA) – Educational gardening display and information provided by Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardener volunteers.
- R&E Chocolates (Strasburg, VA) – Artisanal chocolates, truffles, cake pops, Oreos covered in chocolate, lollipop chocolates.
- Ramble on Remedies (Winchester, VA) – All-natural elderberry syrup (homemade) and herbal tea blends (loose leaf and bags).
- Scruples Coffee (Front Royal, VA) – Craft roasted coffee.
- Seeds of Grace Acres (Augusta, WV) – Produce, eggs, and cut flowers.
- Smoky Bend Farm (Berkeley Springs, WV) – Produce, pasture raised pork, cut flowers, potted plants, transplants, dried gourds, and luffas.
- Tannery Rags (Star Tannery, VA) – Weavings, especially rugs and placemats, felted dreads, felted hair decorations, felting kits, dryer balls, woven jewelry, belts and rags, pot holders, supplies for kids to make items and spindle spinning kits with wool.
The map below shows the location of the Saturday Market at the Taylor Pavilion, nestled between the Loudoun Street Mall and the Braddock Street Auto Park. The parking in the garage is $1 per hour and metered parking is free on Saturdays. On market days, reserved parking for most vendors will be available in the lot adjacent to the auto park. (click map to enlarge)