Escape to Old Town Winchester for Valentine’s shopping specials and indulgent chocolate morsels at the 7th Annual Chocolate Escape on Saturday, February 8, 2020!
Sample chocolate desserts at participating downtown restaurants, enjoy special discounts and treats at participating shops, and pamper yourself during the seventh annual Chocolate Escape! There will be downtown restaurants offering a variety of $3 chocolate dessert samples and downtown businesses offering not only promotions and activities, but chocolate treats as well. Follow the red balloons to participating locations! The main event takes place 2-5 p.m., with some businesses offering shopping specials for additional hours. There will be a special appearance by the Walking Mall Poet from 12-5 p.m., offering bespoke typewritten poetry! Follow the Red Balloons to all participating locations!
Diners and shoppers will have the chance to make Valentine’s Day reservations and purchase gifts for loved ones or just browse. Old Town Winchester offers fine dining, artisan shops and specialty boutiques, florists, jewelry stores as well as a day spa and a salon. Escape to Old Town Winchester for Valentine shopping specials and indulgent chocolate morsels.
2020 Dining & Libations Offering $3 Samples:
– 147 North – 147 N. Loudoun Street
147 North will offer Decadent Chocolate Cake with Cappuccino Buttercream; Chocolate Porter.
– The Black Rose – 11 S. Loudoun Street
The Black Rose will offer Mexican Hot Chocolate; Chocolate Raspberry Coffee; Forbidden Love Oolong Tea; Love Struck Rooibos Tea. Book a facial day of Chocolate Escape and save 10%.
– Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 168 N. Loudoun Street
Brewbaker’s Restaurant will offer Chocolate Bacon Truffles; Chocolate Stuffed Croissants.
– Bright Box Theater – 15 N. Loudoun Street
Bright Box Theater will offer Tiramisu in Chocolate Cups; Chocolate Covered Bacon. 10% off Bright Box merchandise and gift certificates. Seasonal beers on tap.
– Cork Street Tavern – 8 W. Cork Street
Cork Street Tavern will offer a Dirt Cake Parfait.
– El Centro Classic Mexican Food & Drink – 1 N. Loudoun Street
El Centro will offer a Chocolate Flan, a delicious combination of homemade chocolate cake and flan.
– Espresso Bar & Café – 165 N. Loudoun Street
Espresso Bar & Café will offer a 4 oz Hot Chocolate paired with an Anise Flavored Biscotti with Espresso Chocolate Covered Bottom.
– Fellowship of the Sip Restaurant & Tea House – 33 S. Loudoun Street
Fellowship of the Sip Restaurant & Tea House will offer Chocolate Ginger Cake with Whipped Cream and Super Fruit Preserve; Chocolate Pudding with Morello Cherries and Almond Slivers; Mint Hot Cocoa homemade with our excellent peppermint tea; Banana Chocolate Chip Vegan Muffins.
– Fresco Kitchen – 6 S. Loudoun Street
Fresco Kitchen will offer Keto Dark Chocolate Mousse; Chocolate Covered Bacon; Assorted Chocolate Truffles.
– George’s Food & Spirits – 103 E. Piccadilly Street
George’s Food & Spirits will offer Chocolate Cherry Tea with Chocolate Tea Cakes; Chocolate Pots de Crème; Mini Chocolate Martinis.
– The German Table – 158 N. Loudoun Street
The German Table will offer Profiterole Cups of Vanilla Cream layered with Cream Filled Puff Pastry topped with Chocolate.
– Piccadilly’s Public House and Restaurant – 125 E. Piccadilly Street
Piccadilly’s Public House and Restaurant will offer a Chocolate Mousse Tartlet with Raspberry. Drink Special: Chocolate Raspberry Martini.
– Red Fox Creamery – 146 N. Loudoun Street
Red Fox Creamery will offer a Mini Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich (homemade cookies with homemade chocolate ice cream).
– Roma Old Town – 21 N. Loudoun Street
Roma Old Town will offer a Dark Chocolate Cup with Chocolate Mousse and Luxardo Cherries.
– Union Jack Pub & Restaurant – 101 N. Loudoun Street
Union Jack Pub & Restaurant will offer “Brett’s” Cheesecake Pops; Chocolate Beer Sample.
– Village Square Restaurant – 103 N. Loudoun Street
Village Square Restaurant will offer Chocolate Mole Chicken Wings; Chocolate Old Fashioned.
– Violino Ristorante Italiano – 181 N. Loudoun Street
Violino Ristorante Italiano will offer Chocolate Cheesecake Bombe; Bicerin; White and Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberries.
– Water Street Kitchen – 2 S. Loudoun Street
Water Street Kitchen will offer Flourless Chocolate Torte; Hot White Chocolate.
– Winchester Brew Works – 320 N. Cameron Street
Winchester Brew Works will offer a Raspberry Chocolate French Macaron; 4oz tasting of Chocolate Raspberry Big Schloss Imperial Stout.
– The Wine Room at Taylor Pavilion – 120 N. Indian Alley, Suite 100
The Wine Room at Taylor Pavilion will offer Dark Chocolate Covered Belgian Chocolate Mousse with Red Fruit Coulis.