First there was Black Friday, then Cyber Monday. November 27, 2010 was the first ever Small Business Saturday. Small Business Saturday is the day we celebrate the Shop Small movement to drive shoppers to local merchants across the U.S. Please stop at local business and support all they do for our community. Old Town Winchester, The Top of Virginia Regional Chamber, and Winchester-Frederick County Convention & Visitors Burea are excited to be teaming up together for Small Business Saturday.
Did you know:
For every $100 you spend at a small business $68 stays in the local community. If you spend it at a local branch of national chain $43 stays in the community. If you spend it on the web then $0 stays in the community. Shop Small this holiday season.
Why Buy Local:
Local businesses support local events, sports teams and chartities 250% more than big corporations. Buying local keeps 4 times the money in the economy compared to shopping at chains.
If you are a vendor interested in promotional materials please contact Emily Buhl at email@example.com.
- Espresso Bar & Café – Open 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Old Town Antique Emporium – Open 9:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Offering store discounts and refreshments including hot cider and cookies.
- Wilkins’ Shoe Center – Open 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. offering refreshments.
- Eugene B. Smith Gallery & Custom Framing Studio – Open 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. offering 15% off prints & framed prints. Special Pricing on Multiple Packs of Eugene’s Holiday Cards.
- Runners’ Retreat – Open 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Specials on closeouts and summer apparel. Free gift cards valued from $5 to $125 for the first 50 people to come in on Small Business Saturday (1 per family). Cider and cookies will be available. Post a selfie from our selfie booth and we’ll make a $5 donation for each post on Instagram and Facebook with proper shout-outs (#).
- Tin Top Art + Handmade – Open at 10:00 a.m. offering specials throughout the day on selected items.
- Winchester Book Gallery – Open 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Bright Box Theater – Open 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. offering 10% off gift certificate purchases. Comedy Show featuring Tom Simmons and John Floyd. Early Show Doors open at 6:00 p.m., show at 7:00 p.m. Late Show Doors open at 9:00 p.m., show at 9:30 p.m.
- Dancing Dog Natural Market – Offering a 10% discount on non-food items for small business Saturday. Please note this offer can be combined with our store’s VIP discount program.
- The Coop – Offering a chance to win a $20 gift card. 20% off all furniture; spend $100 or more and receive a free ZenThreads t-shirt
- Flavor Pourfection
- Knit 1 Purl 2 – Offering 15% off all flags and all yarn
- Michelle’s Wigs & More – Offering 10% off purchase
- Old Court House Civil War Museum
- Old Town General Store
- The Polka Dot Pot – Offering a gift card special and free ornament with any purchase.
- Posh Pets
- Scarpa Alta – Offering 20% off storewide.
- The Shenandoah Valley Discover Museum – Offering 10% off any purchase in Museum store only of $20 or more. Also, on Saturday only, if you buy a grandparent or family membership you receive 1 month free.
- Silver Cloud Jewelry
- Simply Charming – Offering customer treats
- Sweet Tea Unique Finds & Redesigns
- Thinker Toys
- Total Image & Workingman’s Store
- White House Country Store – Offering specials on select items, such as: Snoozies, some jewelry pieces and scent warmers. Anyone who spends $30 dollars or more will receive a Free White House thermal tote bag! We will also be offering Apple Cider to sample.