Instead of shopping at a box store this Friday, check out the unique and wonderful gifts available from the shops in Old Town Winchester for Plaid Friday.
The name Plaid Friday was conceived from the idea of weaving the individual threads of small businesses together to create a strong fabric that celebrates the diversity and creativity of independent businesses. Plaid Friday is the fun and enjoyable alternative to the big box store “Black Friday,” and is designed promote both local and independently owned businesses during the holidays.
Plaid Friday was conceptualized in Oakland, CA, a city known for strong shop local campaigns. Plaid Friday strives to bring back the days when shopping for friends and family during the holidays was a pleasurable and leisurely activity.
Help us celebrate by wearing plaid while shopping at participating businesses in Old Town Winchester on Friday, November 27th. Look for the special plaid placards at your local shops. Many of theses businesses are offering specials during Plaid Friday.
- Espresso Bar & Café – Open 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Winchester Book Gallery – Open 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. offering hourly giveaways, crazy rhyming corners, make your own Secret Santa gift table, and more.
- Scarpa Alta – Open 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. offering 40% off storewide from 7:00 – 9:00 a.m., and 20% off from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tin Top Art + Handmade – Open at 8:00 a.m. offering refreshments, 20% off the first hour and other specials throughout the morning on selected items.
- Handworks Gallery – Open 8am to 9pm. Discounts – 20% off from 8-9, 15% off from 9-10, 10% off from 10-11
- Blue Peacock Antiques – Open 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. offering a “black tag” sale on many items.
- Wilkins’ Shoe Center – Open 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. offering refreshments.
- Old Town Antique Emporium – Open 9:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Bright Box Theater – Open 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. offering 10% off gift certificate purchases. Comedy Show featuring Tom Simmons and John Floyd. Doors open at 7:00 p.m., show at 8:00 p.m.
- Eugene B. Smith Gallery & Custom Framing Studio – Open 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. offering special pricing on Eugene’s framed notecards.
- 147 North
- Abija Blue
- Brewbaker’s Restaurant
- The Coop – Offering a chance to win a $20 gift card. From 10am-1pm – 30% off all furniture; from 1pm-6pm – 20% off all furniture.
- Dancing Dog Natural Market
- Dream Beauty Studio
- El Centro
- Exotic Himalayan Handicrafts
- Flavor Pourfection
- George Washington Hotel
- George’s Food and Spirits
- Handworks Gallery
- Incredible Flying Objects
- Joe’s Steakhouse
- Jolato’s Gelatoria
- Knit 1 Purl 2 – Offering 15% off all flags and all yarn
- Michelle’s Wigs & More – 10% off purchase
- Old Town General Store
- Once Upon A Find
- One Block West
- Paper and Scissors Rock
- Piccadilly’s Public House
- Posh Pets
- Saumaj Health Spa
- The Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum – Offering 15% off any purchase in Museum store only of $25.00 or more if you are wearing plaid and 5 % off of any purchase in Museum store only of $25.00 or more if you are not on Friday only.
- Silver Cloud Jewelry
- Thai Winchester
- The Polka Dot Pot
- Thinker Toys
- Union Jack Pub & Restaurant
- White House Country Store – Offering specials on select items, such as: Snoozies, some jewelry pieces and scent warmers. Anyone who spends $30 dollars or more will receive a Free White House thermal tote bag! We will also be offering Apple Cider to sample.