Just in time for Halloween Secret Society Press is bringing Winchester’s very first horror convention to Bright Box and featuring big stars of the genre!
The Four State Slasher Con is a two-day event that features three floors of celebrity signings, unique vendors, live entertainment, a charity auction, film screenings, Q & A panels, a horror take on a beauty contest, and live music from horror-themed bands. The convention will take place on Friday, October 16 starting at 3pm (2pm for VIP ticket holders) and Satuday, October 17 starting at noon (11am for VIP ticket holders) at Bright Box – 15 N. Loudoun St., in Old Town Winchester, Virginia.
Appropriately titled, The Four State Slasher Con will unite hundreds of horror fans from Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.Celebrity guests include actors from The Lost Boys, Creepshow 2, Evil Dead, Sleepaway Camp, Army of Darkness, and more. Films range from independent shorts to full length movie premieres, plus locally-produced cinema and regional stars.
Starting at 9pm on both Friday and Saturday nights is a rock concert featuring musical performances by:
- former singer from iconic horror-punk band The Misfits, Michale Graves and his Monster Band
- Sleepaway Camp movie star-turned-rock star Jonathan Tiersten
- singer and songwriter of The Lost Boys theme song, “Cry Little Sister” G Tom Mac
- New Jersey-based alternative rock band Darrow Chemical Company
- plus local heavy rockers including Pain!, Writing Off Tomorrow, NFDY, Nightmare Sonata, and The Graveyard Boulevard
Other entertainment includes:
- creative and artistic burlesque performances from Frederick, Maryland-based entertainment troupe Honeybee Burlesque
- Coffinbox Sideshow featuring glass walkers, fire eaters, and otherworldly beings with bizarre talents
- Miss Slasher Sweetheart Pageant hosted by Dead Dollies Magazine, combining elements of a typical beauty pageant with a horror twist, in categories such as ‘Horror Beauty’ and ‘Best Scream’
- Charity auction from non-profit organization Scares That Cares! auctioning off signed posters and other collectible memorabilia to help raise funds for sick kids and people battling breast cancer
Ticket prices range from $20 (single day advance ticket) to $65 (VIP two-day pass). VIP tickets allow entrance to the venue an hour before doors open to the general public, giving the ticket holder the opportunity to hang out longer with celebrities and get the first look at exclusive merchandise from vendors.