KidzFest! will be returning to Old Town Winchester on May 20th, 2017. More details are coming soon, but check out last year’s info below for more on the event.
Bring the whole family to Old Town Winchester for a day full of fun and education for KidzFest presented by Valley Pediatric Dentistry! This all day event, which takes place May 14th, features more than 60 interactive exhibits highlighting education, art, music and sports and includes a car seat check. The event will be held on the Loudoun Street Mall and at the Taylor Pavilion.
KidzFest will feature performances on the Taylor Pavilion Stage throughout the day, as well as interactive activities for children of all ages. Free activities and engaging exhibits
ranging from musical instrument demonstrations to gymnastics will line the Mall. Sports inflatables and games will add to the level of fun! Friendly competitions of soccer ball juggle, free throw shooting, football tossing and more will also be offered.
Reptiles Alive, a wildly exciting and educational show featuring live animals, will be present, while Horn’s Punch and Judy Puppet Show provides slapstick comedy that is sure to incite gales of laughter. Children’s music artist Oh Susannah!, dedicated to sending positive messages and encouraging expression through music, will also make an appearance. Oh Susannah! was the recipient of the coveted iParenting Media Award and was nominated for Best Children’s Album by the Washington Area Musician’s Association.
Kids will get a chance to get their hands on various arts and crafts activities and musical educational exhibits. Schools and summer camps are invited to participate as vendors to showcase their curriculum.
This is a great family friendly event for downtown businesses to showcase their family atmosphere and for parents discover fun summer activities!
Schedule of Happenings for Kidzfest 2016:
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 – Reptiles Alive Performance at the Taylor Pavilion
- 12:30 to 1:00 – Oh Susannah! Children’s Musician Performances on the Old Court House lawn
- 1:00 to 1:30 – Horn’s Punch and Judy Puppet Show at the Taylor Pavilion
- 2:00 to 2:45 – Reptiles Alive Performance at the Taylor Pavilion
- 2:00 to 2:30 – Oh Susannah! Children’s Musician Performances on the Old Court House lawn
- 3:00 to 3:30 – Horn’s Punch and Judy Puppet Show at the Taylor Pavilion
- 3:30 to 4:15 – Reptiles Alive Performance at the Taylor Pavilion
- 3:30 to 4:00 – Oh Susannah! Children’s Musician Performances on the Old Court House lawn
- 4:15 to 4:45 – Horn’s Punch and Judy Puppet Show at the Taylor Pavilion
ALSO THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
- Additional KidzFest Activities in various locations throughout the downtown from 11- 5 including Zevo the Clown in front of the Old Town General Store.
- Enjoy the opening day of the Old Town Farmers Market from 10 – 2 adjacent to the Taylor Pavilion.
- Child Car Seat Check by EMS – enter off of Cameron Street on Rouss Avenue then left into the City Hall parking lot
- Participating Groups Include:
- American Cancer Society- Children’s Activity
- Armstrong School of Dance – Dance demonstrations
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – Football Toss
- Boy Scouts of America- Children’s Activity
- Camp Sandy Cove –Camp Activities
- Chess Club – Live play
- Competitive Edge Gymnastics
- Destructive Force Dance Team
- Eugene Smith Gallery –Water Color Demonstrations
- FASST – Frisby’s, Agility, Speed & Strength Training
- Family Drive-In—Children’s Activity
- First Night Winchester –Community Art Project
- French & Indian War – Artifacts and Photo’s
- Girls on the Run – Children’s Activities
- Handley Regional Library – Educational Fun
- Harpers Ferry Adventure Center—Children’s Activities
- Home Depot – Children’s Wood Crafts
- Hometown Learning Center – Math Activity and Games
- Incredible Flying Objects – Magician
- Independent School of Winchester – Children’s Activity
- Jimmy the Juggler—Juggling and Poi Lessons
- Kids First Swim School – Prize Wheel
- Kids Trail-Various Children’s activities
- Mended Little Hearts of the Shenandoah Valley-Children’s Activity
- Museum of the Shenandoah Valley – Make and Take Craft
- NAACP Youth Council – Limbo
- Nibblins—Children’s Activity
- O’Party Plus – Character Costumes
- Old Town General Store – Clown and Magician
- Old Town Winchester – Information Center
- Polka Dot Pot – Pottery Painting
- Posh Pets – Dakota’s Dream Animal Rescue, Pet Care
- Preservation of Historic Winchester – Children’s Architecture Color Game
- Press Start Video Games
- Sacred Heart Academy- Craft Activity
- Sam Hall- Violin Deomonstrations
- Sanctuary on the Trail – Native American Games
- Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum – Children’s Activity
- Shenandoah Valley Kids Trail/Blue Ridge Travel – Children’s Activities
- Skyline Paintball—Children’s Activity
- Stir Crazy Kettle Corn
- Super Splasher Aquatics—Children’s Activity
- Susie the Clown—Balloon Art
- The Black Rose – Children’s Bookmarks
- Three Little Birds Mercantile – Children’s Activity
- Tiger Den Winchester – Martial Arts Demo
- UVA Children’s Hospital Specialty Clinic Winchester – Children’s Activities
- Valley Pediatric Dentistry—Balloons, Juggler, Poi Demo
- Virginia 529 Savings Plan—Prize Wheel
- Virginia Blood Services Center Winchester – Health Exhibit
- Winchester Fire & Rescue– Fire Truck/Ambulance/Car Seat Check
- Winchester Hiram Lodge –Child Safety Records Created
- Winchester Police Department – McGruff the Crime Dog
- WinLife TV- Children’s Broadcasting
- Yamni Arts – Hula Hooping
For more information on KIDZ FEST or the opportunity to be a sponsor, vendor, performer, or volunteer contact Dario Savarese, (540) 722-8700, firstname.lastname@example.org. The application for vendors and exhibitors is available here.
The Old Town Winchester Development Board is hosting this event. If you have questions about Old Town Winchester Walking Mall and other upcoming events contact Jennifer Bell, Downtown Manager 540-535-3660, email@example.com.