Escape to Old Town Winchester for Valentine’s shopping specials and indulgent chocolate morsels at the 5th Annual Chocolate Escape on Saturday, February 10, 2018 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Sample chocolate desserts at participating downtown restaurants, enjoy special discounts and treats at participating shops, listen to live music, and pamper yourself during the fifth annual Chocolate Escape! There will be downtown restaurants offering a variety of $3 chocolate dessert samples and downtown businesses offering not only promotions, but chocolate treats as well. Follow the red balloons to participating locations!
Diners and shoppers will have the chance to make Valentine’s Day reservations and purchase gifts for loved ones or just browse. Old Town Winchester offers fine dining, artisan shops and specialty boutiques, florists, jewelry stores as well as a day spa and a salon. Escape to Old Town Winchester for Valentine shopping specials and indulgent chocolate morsels.
2018 Participating Restaurants and Bakeries:
– 147 North – 147 N. Loudoun Street
147 North will offer a variety of truffles.
– 50/50 Taphouse – 29 W. Cork Street
50/50 Taphouse will offer deep fried chocolate cheesecake; chocolate ganache & fresh berries; fried oreos; $3 pours of chocolate beers.
– The Black Rose – 11 S. Loudoun Street
The Black Rose’s Coffee and Tea Lounge will offer Mexican hot chocolate or house tradition hot chocolate and a chocolate cookie.
– Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 168 N. Loudoun Street
Brewbaker’s Restaurant will offer Raspberry Stuffed Chocolate Truffles; Chocolate Mousse; Featured Chocolate Cocktail
– Bright Box Theater – 15 N. Loudoun Street
Bright Box Theater will offer a chocolate layered devil’s food cake with chocolate ganache or a chocolate silk tart. Enjoy live music 2-5 p.m.
– The Chef’s Market – 120 N. Indian Alley
The Chef’s Market will offer caramel, chocolate pecans. Take 10% off all sparkling wine on February 10th.
– Cork Street Tavern – 8 W. Cork Street
Cork Street Tavern will offer grilled chocolate mole chicken skewers or a chocolate trio of white chocolate and chocolate mousse swirl, mini s’mores parfait, and chocolate tree nut ‘salami’.
– CrepeWorx – 158 N. Loudoun Street
CrepeWorx will offer a petite s’mores crepe.
– Edible Elegance by Erin – 123 N. Cameron Street
Edible Elegance by Erin will offer four mini cupcakes for $3. Flavors include red velvet, hex-a-lot-a-chocolate, chocolate peanut butter cup, and chocolate orange. Also 10% off Valentine’s Day orders placed on February 10th including brownies, truffles, Valentine’s Day sugar cookies, and more.
– El Centro – 1 N. Loudoun Street
El Centro will offer Mexican hot chocolate brownies filled with vanilla ice cream.
– Espresso Bar & Café – 165 N. Loudoun Street
Espresso Bar & Café will offer a sample of hot chocolate or “sweetheart latte” (strawberry and chocolate sauce) and a piece of chocolate layer cake.
– ‘Fellowship of the Sip’ Organic Tea House – 33 S. Loudoun Street
‘Fellowship of the Sip’ Organic Tea House will offer an organic spiced warm apple cake with a spoon of organic yoghurt with a super fruit jam and piece of organic homemade chocolate; sample of organic homemade chocolate; organic 55% drinking chocolate.
– Fresco Kitchen – 6 S. Loudoun Street
Fresco Kitchen will offer Dark Chocolate Covered Bacon with Caramel Sea Salt; Mini Keto Chocolate Lava Cake; Assorted Chocolate Truffles (All offerings are Gluten Free, Low Sugar)
– Old Town Snow White Grill – 159 N. Loudoun Street
Old Town Snow White Grill will offer a Chocolate Shake served with whip cream, a cherry, shaved milk chocolate topped with candy bar pieces.
– Piccadilly’s Public House and Restaurant – 125 E. Piccadilly Street
Piccadilly’s Public House and Restaurant will offer Malbec truffles; salted almond Irish cream truffles; old-fashioned truffles.
– Red Fox Creamery – 146 N. Loudoun Street
Red Fox Creamery will offer a brownie sundae.
– Roma Old Town – 21 N. Loudoun Street
Roma Old Town will offer a chocolate éclair; chocolate panna cotta; chocolate ganache pizza.
– Union Jack Pub & Restaurant – 101 N. Loudoun Street
Union Jack Pub & Restaurant will offer cheesecake pops with south street chocolate fantasia ganache or cheesecake pops with chocolate stout ganache.
– Village Market & Bistro – 2 S. Loudoun Street
Village Market & Bistro will offer German chocolate brownie bars.
– Village Square Restaurant – 103 N. Loudoun Street
Village Square Restaurant will offer a duo of Virginia oysters with a cocoa nib mignonette as well as a $3 glass of sparkling wine.
– Abija Blue – 126 N. Loudoun Street
Love is like a box of chocolates and a complementary bottle of wine. Abija Blue will feature “CHOUQUETTE” handcrafted chocolate-covered caramels. They are as delicious as they are beautiful with love notes on them. Also a wine tasting with a complementary wine Morambro Creek, Cabernet Sauvignon, smokey tinged flavors of bitter cherry and blackberry with complex hints of peppery spice, cocoa powder and licorice.
– The Black Rose – 11 S. Loudoun Street
The Black Rose will offer 20% off in the gift gallery with over 1,500 items.
– Bluebells – 6 W. Boscawen Street
Bluebells invites you to come in between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on February 10th to place a Valentine’s Day order and receive 15% off flower orders over $60 (before tax and delivery fees if applicable – excludes wire-out orders). Bluebells will also have a candy dish filled with individually wrapped chocolates for anyone who comes in during the Chocolate Escape.
– Compass West Realty – 17 W. Boscawen Street
Compass West Realty will offer complimentary chocolate fountains, hot chocolate, and fudge. Enter a giveaway to win 4 passes to Hershey Park.
– Eclectic – 156 N. Loudoun Street
Eclectic will offer European chocolates and 25% off on furniture and lamps.
– Eugene B. Smith Gallery & Custom Framing – 25 N. Loudoun Street
Eugene B. Smith Gallery will offer sweet treats and deals. 14% off prints and framed prints for that special someone!
– Flavor Pourfection – 27 N. Loudoun Street
Flavor Pourfection will offer 10% off anything chocolate. Enjoy a complimentary handmade chocolate truffle with a $35 purchase.
– Handworks Gallery – 150 N. Loudoun Street
Handworks Gallery will offer 20% off all jewelry from 2-5 p.m.
– Keller Williams Realty – 9 N. Loudoun Street, Suite 104
Keller Williams Realty will offer a complimentary hot chocolate bar.
– Kimberly’s – 135 N. Braddock Street
Kimberly’s will offer chocolate and wine tastings plus 15% off storewide.
– LoX Salon – 209 E. Boscawen Street
LoX Salon will offer your choice of Luxury Shampoo with hot oil treatment, chocolate facial and blowout ($60) or Sweetheart Blowout with deep conditioning treatment ($45) from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Indulge in champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and treats. Call 540-773-4558 to reserve your spot.
– Michelle’s Wigs & More – 33 W. Piccadilly Street
Michelle’s Wigs & More will offer 15% off one item. All day.
– Mountain Trails – 115 N. Loudoun Street
Mountain Trails will offer samples of drinking chocolate and have chocolate bars for sale as well as gift items.
– Murphy Beverage Company – 167 N. Loudoun Street
Murphy Beverage Company will offer a wine tasting with sampled wines 10% off. Paired with homemade treats.
– Once Upon A Find – 48 S. Loudoun Street
Once Upon A Find will offer 14% off select merchandise. $5 off every $25 purchase. Complimentary hot chocolate and sweet treat with every purchase.
– Simply Charming – 28 W. Piccadilly Street
Simply Charming invites you to come shop for sweet treats and deals. Offering 14% off everything including sale items.
– Tin Top Art and Handmade – 130 N. Loudoun Street
Tin Top with Immortal Mountain will take you on a cacao journey of their “herb-crafted” chocolate – with free samples. Bars will be available for purchase as well.
– Wilkins’ ShoeCenter – 7 S. Loudoun Street
Wilkins’ ShoeCenter invites you to stop by and grab a chocolate and discount between 2-5 p.m. on February 10th (selected items).
– Winchester Book Gallery – 185 N. Loudoun Street
Winchester Book Gallery will be spotlighting Bean to Bar: America’s Craft Chocolate Revolution. Offering craft chocolate samples and pairings from regional, small-batch, custom chocolate roasters.
– Winchester Brew Works – 320 N. Cameron Street
Winchester Brew Works will offer a 10oz pour of Chocolate Raspberry Stout for $6 beginning at 2 p.m., while supplies last.
– Worlds Away Escape – 9 N. Loudoun Street, Suite 105
Worlds Away Escape will offer 10% off to anyone who books on the 10th.
2018 Participating Attractions:
– Handley Library – 100 W. Piccadilly Street
Handley Library, in partnership with the Magic Lantern Theater, will offer a FREE screening at 2 p.m. of “On the Town” starring Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, and Ann Miller. Includes complimentary classic Italian rainbow cake bites. Join in for a perfect combination of New York City nostalgia.