Old Town Winchester is excited to announce the Old Town Greatness Program Facade Grant Program!
This grant is made possible through a Virginia Main Street Downtown Improvement Grant.
Old Town business owners participating in the Greatness Program can apply to receive funding for façade improvements to their building(s). Only businesses participating in the Greatness Program are eligible to apply.
Grants are available to eligible applicants for up to $1,000 with a 100% matching funds requirement.
- Completed Applications must be submitted to the Downtown Manager at the Old Town Winchester Office, 33 E. Boscawen St., Suite 100 by November 28, 2016. Click here for the Old Town Facade Grant Application or call (540)535-3660.
- Applications are reviewed by the Old Town Development Board
- The Old Town Development Board selects applicants to receive grant funding
- Applicants are notified
- If required, projects go through the Board of Architectural Review process before work can begin and all such projects are required to also submit a Board of Architectural Review Application to the OTW office as part of their Facade Grant Application.
- Upon completion of the project invoices, receipts and a project completion form are to be submitted in order to receive reimbursement for 50% of the actual costs of the project not to exceed the requested grant amount.
2016 Program Timeline:
- November 28 – Applications due to the OTW Office, 33 E. Boscawen St., Suite 100
- December 1 – OTDB Application Review and Selection
- Week of December 5 – Applicants Notified
- If required, projects go through the Board of Architectural Review process before work can begin.
- May 16 – Projects must be completed & receipts submitted to the OTW Office.