Winchester Little Theatre Presents: Crimes of the Heart: Winchester Little Theatre will be presenting the “Crimes of the Heart” by Beth Henley as the final show in their 2013-2014 season. Directed by Barbara Swink, the show runs the weekends of May 9-11, 15-18, and 22-24. Read more.
Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum Grand Re-Opening: The Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum Grand Re-Opening at 19 W. Cork Street will be held on Saturday, May 10, 2014. The Discovery Museum which has more than doubled in size with its expansion at the new Cork Street location invites the public to re-discover the hands-on, interactive Discovery Museum FREE of charge on Saturday, May 10 from 9am – 5pm. In honor of Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 11, 2014, the Discovery Museum will offer FREE admission to all moms from 1pm – 5pm. Read more.
Mother’s Day Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides: Join the Shenandoah Carriage Company for an unforgettable Mother’s Day! Rides are only $5 per person. They begin at the Old Court House Civil War Museum on May 11th from noon to 2pm. Read more.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, May 9th
- DJ Freedom Ortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 9pm to 1:30am
- King Street @ Piccadilly’s Pubilc House – 9pm to 1:30am
- SWEET MAMA, SWEET DADDY, COME IN: Bumper Jacksons Album Release Party @ Bright Box Theatre – 8pm
- Daycare Swindlers/Walk the Plank @ Sweet Caroline’s – 9pm
-Saturday, May 10th
- DJ Calibur @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Mercutio @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 9pm to 1:30am
- AN INTIMATE EVENING With Jonathan Byrd and Chatham Street @ Bright Box Theatre – 8pm
- Robbie Limon Band @ Piccadilly’sPublic House – 9pm to 1:30am