Final Friday at the Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum: The Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum has announced their “final” open day at the 54 S. Loudoun Street location before they move their new home on Cork Street. The museum will be open all day on Friday, February 28th and is offering FREE admission from 3-6pm. In addition to crafts and light refreshments, there will be Kindermusik and Dharma Yoga demonstrations. Read more.
4th Annual Sesquicentennial Soiree – George Washington Ball: The 4th annual Sesquicentennial Soiree George Washington Ball will be held on Saturday, March 1st from 7pm to 10pm at the First Presbyterian Church Social Hall. The evening is a benefit for the Old Court House Civil War Museum, which is situated in the heart of the Loudoun Street Pedestrian Mall. Events include an 1860s era dance with live entertainment from the Victorian Dance Ensemble and the Susquehanna Travellers. No dance experience is required and dance instruction with demonstrations will be provided. Admission for the Soiree is $35 per couple or $20 per person. Read more.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, February 28th
- DJ Freedom Ortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 9pm to 1:30am
- WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN: The W.E.S. Group feat. Corcoran Holt @ Bright Box Theatre – 8pm
- Kelly May Brown @ Piccadilly’s Pubilc House – 9pm to 1:30am
- The Reflex @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
-Saturday, March 1st
- DJ Calibur @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Heartstringz, Cazhimere @ Piccadilly’s – 9pm to 1:30am
- The 9 Songwriter Series @ Bright Box Theatre – 8pm