Civil War Weekend: Echoes from “1863 in the valley” return to Winchester-Frederick County on August 17-18, 2013. 150 years ago, the Civil War had a devastating impact on Winchester and Frederick County, bringing battles to the landscape, heartbreak to the homefront, and overwhelming numbers of wounded. During Civil War Weekend, 11 area attractions will look back at those days with living history programs, walking tours, lectures, book signings and youth programs that will bring the area’s Civil War story to life in unforgettable ways. Read more.
Guided Civil War Walking Tour of Old Town Winchester: Here’s a great way to kick off the Civil War Weekend: Experience the Civil War as a civilian in Old Town Winchester on Friday, August 16th with a special guided walking tour! Learn about the citizens and the events that took place in Winchester during that stirring period of time. The tour begins at 6pm. Make your reservation by calling 540-542-1326, and meet your guide at 2 N. Cameron Street. $5.00 per person, payable to your guide. Read more.
Bluemont Concert Series Presents: The Flaming Shillelaghs: The Bluemont Summer Concert Series continues this week with a performance by The Flaming Shillelaghs. The concert takes place on the steps of the 1840 Frederick County Court House at 7:30 PM this Friday. Read more.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, August 16th
- The Flaming Shillelaghs @ Bluemont Summer Concert Series – 7:30pm
- DJ Freedom Ortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 9pm to 1:30am
- Unknown Origins @ Piccadilly’s Pubilc House – 9pm to 1:30am
- The Reflex @ Sweet Caroline’s – 9:30pm
-Saturday, August 17th
- DJ Calibur @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Urth @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 9pm to 1:30am
- Mike & The Cyclones @ Piccadilly’s Pubilc House – 9pm to 1:30am
- Lydia Lewis Presents: Groove 11 Funk w/ Little Groove @ Bright Box Theater – 8pm to 11pm