The Old Town Winchester Business Association will be presenting Winchester Days this week, starting Wednesday July 24th and wrapping up Saturday, July 27th. We want to bring back the nostalgia of past decades’ shopping Downtown with sidewalk sales, great discounts and special events. Winchester Days, which took place when all the department stores were downtown, was a time for the whole family to go shopping and fill-up the car with packages. Everyone looked forward to Winchester Days all year long!Bring your family down this week to relive the memories and make new ones.
Many shops will be offering discounts. For more info check out the Shop Winchester Facebook page. Some of the specials planned:
Huge Pet Rescue Event on the Old Court House Lawn
- Saturday 9:00 am – 3:00pm
- Presented by Posh Pets Boutique
- Yard Sale starting at 9:00
- Pet food tasting (for the pets) 10:00 – 11:00
- Pet photos by “Moments by Misty”11:00 – 2:00
- “Rescue Runway” fashion show 1:00
- Top of Virginia Emergency Pet Sheltering Trailer will be on display Come see where your pets can go during emergencies!
- Adoptable animals from Dakota’s Dream, Shirley’s Angels Boxer Rescue, BROOD (Basset Rescue of Old Dominion), Briggs Animal Adoption Center & SPCA
Some of the Businesses Offering Specials for Winchester Days:
- Handworks Gallery (150 N. Loudoun St) will be having their big summer sale the weekend of Winchester Days on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 10-9 Friday and Saturday, 10-5 Sunday -everything in the store on sale -all jewelry at least 30% off!
- The Polka Dot Pot: A Paint-Your-Own-Pottery Studio (7 N. Loudoun St) will be having a yard sale of painted samples & one of a kinds.
- Olde Towne Armory and Heirlooms (151 N. Loudoun St) will have Dollar Appraisal Days on the 24th & 25th 10-3!
- Patsy’s Pastry Pizzas (158 N. Loudon St) will offer ALL YOU CAN EAT cheese or pepperoni pizza for $8.95 during Winchester Days.
- Simply Charming Boutique (25 W. Piccadilly St) is having their huge moving sale in their old location (25 W. Piccadilly St) Thursday, July 25 – Saturday, July 27 50-75% off the remaining inventory!
- Wilkins’ Shoe Center (7 S. Loudoun St) will have drawings for 4- $25 gift certificates and 1 free pair of New Balance!
- Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum (54 S. Loudoun St) will offer a 10% discount in the store for Winchester Days and we will have self monitored activities outside.
- Second Skin (4 S. Loudoun St) will have a talented artist offering Mehndi Henna tattoos on Friday evening and Saturday of Winchester Days.
- nourish. (20 S. Braddock St) has a Christmas in July special. They are offering a package of 5 gift certificates for an amazing discount; each can be used for one hour private sessions or 2 hour workshops. Cost for package of 5 Gift Certificates: $100.00
- Remember YourSelf Massage (18 S. Braddock St) will be offering 20% off all Crystals & Gems!
Don’t forget to check with all of your favorite Old Town Winchester businesses to see what their specials will be!