Come celebrate with the Old Town Winchester community this weekend at the Old Town Mall Rededication Celebration! The Old Town Mall’s renovation, which began in January, has brought a new look to the heart of Winchester as well as many upgraded utilities and amenities.
The formal part of the Rededication will take place this Friday at 4pm. The ceremony will include the official ribbon cutting and presentation of bricks at the Loudoun Street Mall’s Piccadilly Street entrance with the plaque dedication to follow.
Saturday will be a family-friendly celebration with lots of fun events taking place from noon to 4pm, including an ice cream social, activities for children, music, and more.
Don’t miss this opportunity to come see Old Town Winchester’s new look with the whole community!
Schedule of Events:
– Friday, May 17, 2013
4:00 pm: Ribbon Cutting and presentation of bricks at the Loudoun Street Mall’s Piccadilly Street entrance and plaque dedication to follow.
– Saturday, May 18, 2013
Noon: Free Ice cream social
Noon – 4:00 pm: Music in front of the Old Civil War Courthouse provided by Sweet Adelines (12 – 12:30, 1 – 1:30) and Apple Capital Chorus (2- 2:30 and 3 – 3:30)
Noon & 1:00 pm: Historic/Architectural tours by Patrick Ferris
Noon – 4:00 pm: Family Activities:
– Kevin Owens Magician (Across from the Winchester Book Gallery)
– Old Town Winchester Past and Present Slideshow – Historic Mall photos presentation at the Godfrey Miller Pavilion
– Shenandoah Discovery Museum activities on the Mall – including the Discovery Story Theater and fun outdoor games like cornhole
– Face painting by Latinos Unidos club of Handley High School
Noon – 4:00 pm: Open House
– Godfrey Miller Home – free tours with docents in period dress
– Bright Box Theater (15 North Loudoun Street)
– The Masonic Lodge (118 N. Loudoun Street) fresco viewing
– The Feltner Museum (9 N. Loudoun Street) free viewing of extensive art collection