Attention runners: the 26th Annual Loudoun Street Mile is set for Memorial Day – May 27, 2013! Sponsored by the Shenandoah Valley Runners, the event has activities for the whole family and includes a fitness walk, open men, open women, kids’ mile, and a children’s 100 yard “Tot Trot” race.
The event takes place on Loudoun Street with its finish line in front of the Old Frederick County Court House in the heart of the newly renovated Old Town Pedestrian Mall.
Prize money is awarded to the top 3 overall finishers and top masters (40+). Age group awards three-deep in 5 year increments through 39 for women and 59 for men, ten year increments thereafter.
Proceeds for the race benefit the Laurel Center, a shelter for abused women. Last year’s race raised over $3400 for the center, so let’s top that again this year!
- 8:30 am Fitness Walk
- 9:00 am Open Women (ages 12 & up)
- 9:20 am Kid’s Mile (ages 6-11)
- (Depending on number of runners, we may split the boys and girls and start the girls 5 minutes after the boys)
- 9:40 am Open Men (ages 12 & up) – first heat, 6:00 and up
- 10:00 am Open Men (ages 12 & up) – second heat, sub-6:00
- 10:20 am Ages 5 & Under “Tot Trot”: 100 yard dash
For more info and to register, visit the Loudoun Street Mile website.