The Old Town Development Board and the City of Winchester are excited to celebrate the completion of the Old Town Mall renovation project with our community. We didn’t think it was possible, but now Old Town Winchester is even more inviting than before. Come down and see for yourself during the Loudoun Street Mall Rededication Celebration on May 17th and May 18th.
This two-day event includes the following family-friendly activities:
– Friday, May 17, 2013
4:00 pm: Ribbon Cutting and presentation of bricks at the Loudoun Street Mall’s Piccadilly Street entrance and plaque dedication to follow.
– Saturday, May 18, 2013
Noon: Free Ice cream social
Noon – 4:00 pm: Music in front of the Old Civil War Courthouse provided by Sweet Adelines (12 – 12:30, 1 – 1:30) and Apple Capital Chorus (2- 2:30 and 3 – 3:30)
Noon & 1:00 pm: Historic/Architectural tours by Patrick Ferris
Noon – 4:00 pm: Family Activities:
– Kevin Owens Magician (Across from the Winchester Book Gallery)
– Old Town Winchester Past and Present Slideshow – Historic Mall photos presentation at the Godfrey Miller Pavilion
– Shenandoah Discovery Museum activities on the Mall – including the Discovery Story Theater and fun outdoor games like cornhole
– Face painting by Latinos Unidos club of Handley High School
Noon – 4:00 pm: Open House
– Godfrey Miller Home – free tours with docents in period dress
– Bright Box Theater (15 North Loudoun Street)
– The Masonic Lodge (118 N. Loudoun Street) fresco viewing
-The Feltner Museum (9 N. Loudoun Street) free viewing of extensive art collection
Don’t forget to RSVP to our Facebook event!