Day of the Dead Workshop: On Saturday, September 15th from 1pm to 3pm, the Shenandoah Arts Council invites you to learn about the Hispanic traditions associated with the “Day of the Dead” celebration, which includes altars built to honor our deceased loved-ones. This will be the SAC’s third year of filling its gallery with these colorful and vibrant altars. After a discussion on the altars, regional artist Cindy Redmon will lead how to create your altar – what elements should be included, ideas for embellishment and more.
The fee for the wooden box is $10. Program and open art workshop is free. Paint and materials will be provided to you at the workshop.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, September 14th
- Junkfood @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Shag @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- DJ Freedom Ortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- 2nd Friday Game Night & Live Music @ Winchester Book Gallery – 5pm
-Saturday, September 15th
- DJ Calibur @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Phil Zuckerman and The Johnny Blues Band @ Below the Fringe – 8pm
- King St. @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Lagerhead @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Robbie Limon @ The George Washington Hotel – 8pm