First Fridays: On the First Friday of every month, Old Town Winchester plays host to artists with special gallery events, muscians playing in restaurants and cafes, and many of our shops stay open late. It is a great time to stroll our historic streets and a great place to meet new and favorite friends. Every month is something a little different. First Fridays is sponsored by the Old Town Winchester Business Association, Shenandoah Arts Council, Virginia Commission of the Arts and the Old Town Development Board. Check out the First Fridays in Old Town Winchester Facebook Page.
Guided Civil War Walking Tour of Old Town Winchester: This Friday night, experience the Civil War as a civilian in Old Town Winchester! Learn about the citizens and the events that took place in Winchester during that stirring period of time. Make your reservation by calling 540-542-1326, and meet your guide at 2 N. Cameron Street. $5.00 per person, payable to your guide.
Posh Pets Boutique Foster-A-Thon: Want to help animals but don’t know how? Think that since you have no money to spare or can’t adopt that there’s nothing you can do? NOT TRUE–Come to our Foster-A-Thon and find out what YOU can do to save animals! The fun begins this Friday at 6:30 with our Fall Fashion Show!Rescues and shelters will be taking new foster applications…and everyone who signs up to foster will receive a free goodie bag from Posh Pets!
Patsy Cline 80th Birthday Celebration: Join us in celebrating the 80th birthday of local legend and country music star, Patsy Cline. The weekend will be full of everything Patsy, with a Sing-a-Like and Look-a-Like contest, a live band performing Patsy songs, special items on display in the Patsy Cline Historic House, and birthday sweets in honor of Patsy’s memory. View the Schedule of Events.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, September 7th
- Souled Out @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Bob Larson & Keith Salley @ EBS Art Gallery – 7pm to 10pm
- Paul Pfau @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- DJ Freedom Ortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Lawrence McKenna @ The George Washington Hotel – 8pm
-Saturday, September 8th
- DJ Calibur @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Joshua Morningstar & Brandon Keller @ Below the Fringe – 8pm
- Robbie Limon Band @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- The Window Panes @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am