Bluemont Summer Concert Series Presents The Martinsburg Jazz Orchestra: The Bluemont Summer Concert Series kicks off this Friday at 7:30pm on the steps of the 1840 Frederick County Court House with a performance by the Martinsburg Jazz Orchestra. Requested admission for the events is $5 per person, $4 for Bluemont Friends & Seniors, and $2 for kids under 12.
Civil War Weekend: Civil War Weekend is a special annual event that offers rare opportunities to see many sites as they may have looked at the time of the war. This year, Civil War sites throughout the Winchester and Frederick County area will once again join together to provide unique opportunities to experience the area’s remarkable wartime story. Activities from previous years have included: medical living history demonstrations, youth activities such as Civil War-era games and an overnight camp-out with reenactors, and battlefield, cemetery, and historic building tours. For more info, check out the Schedule of Events and the Shenandoah Valley Battlefields Foundation page.
Strolling Bridal Show: If you’re planning a wedding in the Winchester area, then plan to attend the 2nd annual Old Town Winchester Strolling Bridal Show. Brides will register at Kimberly’s (135 North Braddock Street), and then stroll the walking mall meeting wonderful wedding professionals of every type. To win great prizes, brides can have their card stamped by each professional they meet and then turn the card in at the last stop, Bluebells (6 West Boscawen Street).
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, June 22nd
- DJ Freedomortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- The Martinsburg Jazz Orchestra @ Bluemont Summer Concert Series – 7:30pm
- DJ SkyHigh @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Defending Cain, Black Angel Down, and Breach the Silence @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
-Saturday, June 23rd
- DJ Calibur @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Paul Pfau @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Lagerhead @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am