Runners get ready! The 25th annual Loudoun Street Mile will be taking place this Monday, May 28th. Sponsored by the Shenandoah Valley Runners, the event has activities for the whole family and includes a fitness walk, open men, open women, kids’ mile, and a children’s 100 yard “Tot Trot” race.
Prize money is awarded to the top 3 overall finishers and top masters (40+). Age group awards three-deep in 5 year increments through 39 for women and 59 for men, ten year increments thereafter.
Proceeds for the race benefit the Laurel Center, a shelter for abused women. Last year the event raised $2,400 for the center, and this year we hope to help them even more!
- 8:30 am Fitness Walk
- 9:00 am Open Women (ages 12 & up)
- 9:20 am Kid’s Mile (ages 6-11)
- 9:40 am Open Men (ages 12 & up) – first heat, 6:00 and up
- 10:00 am Open Men (ages 12 & up) – second heat, sub-6:00
- 10:20 am Ages 5 & Under “Tot Trot”: 100 yard dash