This weekend holds lots of great cultural events. Come to Old Town to celebrate!
Victorian Tea Fundraiser: The Old Court House will be holding a Victorian Tea Fundraiser on Saturday, February 25th at 2pm. The event will include tea, Victorian entertainment, guest speaker Joy Melcher, and pagentry. Victorian Tea will be served in the historically preserved court room built in 1840. The building served as a hospital and a prison during the civil war and changed hands 70 times between the Union and Confederacy during the war. Read more.
Sesquicentennial Soiree – An 1860s Era Dance: The George Washington Hotel will be hosting the Sesquicentennial Soiree George Washington Ball, a benefit for the Old Court House Civil War Museum. The event takes place Saturday, February 25th and will feature live entertainment provided by the Victorian Dance Ensemble and The 2nd South Carolina String Band. No dance experience is required, and dance instruction and demonstrations will be provided. Read More.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, February 24th
- DJ Freedom Ortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Cazhimere @ Sweet Caroline’s – 9:30pm
- Unknown Origins @ Piccadilly Public House – 9pm to 1am
-Saturday, February 25th
- The Jokers @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- DJ Calibur@ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Jumptown @ Piccadilly Public House – 9pm to 1am