Come to Old Town Winchester this weekend for good eats, good music, and good times!
A Little Noon Music: Handley Regional Library’s “A Little Noon Music” concert series will continue this Friday with fiddler Red Henry, who recently announced the performance will include nationally recognized bluegrass musicians Marshall Wilborn and David McLaughlin. The trio will treat listeners to an hour of bluegrass favorites starting at 12:15pm in the library’s auditorium. This program, which is sponsored by the Friends of Handley Regional Library, is free and open to the public.
Winchester Little Theatre Presents: The Love List: The Winchester Little Theatre continues its 2011-2012 season with “The Love List” by Norm Foster and directed by Pat Markland. The production wraps up this weekend with performances from January 19th through the 22nd. Tickets are available now from their box office and their website for $18.75 for adults, $16.75 for seniors, and $14.75 for students.
Magic Lantern Theater Presents: The Beginnners: The Magic Lantern Theater will be showing “Beginners” on Saturday the 21st at 2pm. The 105-minute film is rated R and will be shown in the Handley Library. Co-sponsored by the Friends of the Handley, the event is free and open to the public though donations are appreciated.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, January 20th
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano/Bass) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 5pm to 1130pm
- DJ Freedom Ortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Junkfood @ Sweet Caroline’s – 9:30pm
- Moondog Medicine Show @ Piccadilly Public House – 9pm to 1am
- Robbie Limon Band @ George Washington Hotel – 8pm
-Saturday, January 21st
- Virginia Creeper Band @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Lenny Burridge @ 147 North – 9pm to 12am
- Justin Funkhouser with Caleb Leahy, Jimmy Smith, Nick Davis, Justin Price @ Below the Fringe – 8pm
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 8pm to 1130pm
- DJ Calibur@ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm