The weather is supposed to clear up this weekend, so come to Old Town and make the most of it!
“An American Turning Point: The Civil War in Virginia – Surviving War”: The Handley Regional Library and the Winchester-Frederick County Convention & Visitor Bureau are co-sponsoring the exhibit “An American Turning Point: The Civil War in Virginia – Surviving War,” which runs through October 17th. The exhibit is shown in the library during regular hours. For more info, visit handleyregional.org/.
Winchester City Market: Join us on the Loudoun Street Mall on Saturday from 9am to 2pm as vendors of homegrown fruits, vegetables and homemade jams, baked goods, and more will be set up shop. It’s a great chance to get fresh food and support local farms and food. The Market will also feature live musical entertainment.
Brew & Boo: Brew & Boo is a new adult Halloween party featuring live music provided by Souled Out, dancing and a costume contest. The event takes place October 15th from 6pm to 10pm in the OakCrest Co./Winchester Star parking lot on Kent Street. Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase. Tickets will be sold in advance at the Winchester Parks & Recreation office in Jim Barnett Park for $8 or purchase at the gate for $12.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, October 14th
- Seth Fromal Duo (Jazz Piano/Bass) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 5pm to 1130pm
- DJ Freedomortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Shamaicans @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Cazhmiere @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
-Saturday, October 15th
- Jumptown @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 8pm to 1130pm
- DJ Calibur @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm