This weekend brings the First Friday of the month, with tons of great events and music.
Lydia Lewis Jazz Quintet- The Lydia Lewis Jazz Quintet will be playing a free open-air concert on the south end of the Walking Mall on Friday October 7 from 5pm. Quintet will include Lydia Lewis, drums; Tim Andrulonis, sax; Andrew Snapp, tenor sax; Caleb Nei, piano; and Dan Zarcone, bass. Chairs are provided for your comfort! For more info, call 540-667-5166.
Monsters, Inc- Magic Lantern Theatre and the Discovery Museum will show the Pixar classic “Monsters Inc” outside on the mall on Friday at dusk. Enjoy the Discovery Museum for FREE Friday, from 5 – 7:30 pm, and then take in the movie. For more information: www.discoverymuseum.net or www.magiclanterntheater.org.
The Downtown Poets of Winchester Meet Up Group- Please come and join us Friday at 5pm for another meeting where we read aloud our poetry, works in progress, dreams and visions. It is a time of reviewing and revising old work, and trying out the new! At this group, we share our work, network and give thoughtful critique when asked for it. Come and share your voice! For more info, contact Carolyn Wolfe.
Guided Civil War Walking Tour of Old Town Winchester: Experience the Civil War as a civilian in Old Town Winchester! Learn about the citizens and the events that took place in Winchester during that stirring period of time. Make your reservation by calling 540-542-1326, and meet your guide at 2 N. Cameron Street. $5.00 per person, payable to your guide.
Winchester City Market: Join us on the Loudoun Street Mall on Saturday from 9am to 2pm as vendors of homegrown fruits, vegetables and homemade jams, baked goods, and more will be set up shop. It’s a great chance to get fresh food and support local farms and food. The Market will also feature live musical entertainment.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, October 7th
- Seth Fromal Duo (Jazz Piano/Bass) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 5pm to 1130pm
- Lydia Lewis Jazz Quintet @ South End of Walking Mall – 5pm to 7pm
- DJ Freedomortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Shag @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Pebble to Pearl @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Robbie Limon @ The George Washington Hotel – 8pm
-Saturday, October 8th
- Lagerhead @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 8pm to 1130pm
- My Lucky Fish @ The George Washington Hotel – 8pm
- Souled Out @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm