Old Town is celebrating Halloween with tons of fun and spooky activities this weekend!
Storybook Ball: The Storybook Ball returns to the George Washington Hotel this year on October 28th from 6pm to 11pm. The event, which benefits the Literacy Volunteers-Winchester Area, includes a night full of dancing with live music provided by the Yesterday Swing Jazz Orchestra. Attendees are encouraged to wear Story Book costumes, though they aren’t required. Admission is $100 per person. For more info, call (540) 536-1648.
Pet Halloween Parade and Costume Contest: Posh Pets Boutique will be holding a pet halloween parade and costume contest on Friday October 28th. Participants are asked to meet at the Boutique at 6pm, at which time their furry friends can “strut their stuff” down the walking mall. After the parade, refreshments for pets and people will be served and the costume contest wil begin. Prizes will be given for most unique costume, best matching pet/owner costume, cutest dressed pet and biggest dressed pet. The event is free and open to the public.
Spooktacular Halloween Festival: On Saturday, October 29, 2011 Old Town Winchester is hosting a Spooktacular Halloween Festival for all ages. The event includes a guided ghost tour for ages 12 and over, and entertainment plus traditional trick-or-treating for younger children. There is no admission fee and it is open to the public. For a list of events, click here.
Magic Lantern Theatre Presents: “The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets’ Nest”: The Magic Lantern Theatre will be presenting “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest” at the Handley Regional Library on Wednesday, October 26th at 7pm and Saturday October 29th at 2pm. The R-rated film is in Swedish with English subtitles and has a runtime of 2 hours and 8 minutes. Co-sponsored by the Friends of Handley Regional Library, the film showing is free and open to the public, though donations are appreciated.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, October 28th
- Seth Fromal Duo (Jazz Piano/Bass) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 5pm to 1130pm
- DJ Freedomortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Ambrose Dilemma @ George Washington Hotel – 8pm
- Metal Night @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
-Saturday, October 29th
- Coffee Cantata @ Espresso Bar & Café – 5pm
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 8pm to 1130pm
- Halloween Party with Kleptoradio @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Halloween Party with 4-Warned @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Halloween Party with The Merge @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Robbie Limon @ George Washington Hotel – 8pm