Attention music lovers: Performances this weekend range from Bach to Wynona Judd in concert, with a little something for everyone one in between. Come check out the Fall foliage downtown and treat yourself to some fun!
Wynona Judd In Concert: Country music superstar Wynona Judd will be celebrating the music of Patsy Cline at this year’s Patsy Cline Classic, to be held at Handley High School on October 21st at 7:30pm. The annual concert has previously enjoyed the musical stylings of Willie Nelson and the Beach Boys. Tickets are available now through Ticketmaster.com as well as the Apple Blossom Mall Guest Service Kiosk, ranging from $25 to $100. Proceeds from the event benefit the Winchester Education Foundation.
Guided Civil War Walking Tour of Old Town Winchester: Experience the Civil War as a civilian in Old Town Winchester! Learn about the citizens and the events that took place in Winchester during that stirring period of time. Make your reservation by calling 540-542-1326, and meet your guide at 2 N. Cameron Street. $5.00 per person, payable to your guide.
Winchester City Market: Join us on the Loudoun Street Mall on Saturday from 9am to 2pm as vendors of homegrown fruits, vegetables and homemade jams, baked goods, and more will be set up shop. It’s a great chance to get fresh food and support local farms and food. The Market will also feature live musical entertainment.
Coffee Cantata: As part of Shenandoah Conservatory’s annual Bach-Handel Festival, Bach’s beloved secular cantata Schweigt stille, plaudert nicht (Be still, stop chattering), also known as the Coffee Cantata, will be performed in an authentic setting at Winchester’s own Espresso Bar & Café. The event takes place Saturday at 5pm and is free and open to the public.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, October 21st
- Seth Fromal Duo (Jazz Piano/Bass) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 5pm to 1130pm
- DJ Freedomortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Moondog Medicine Show @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- My Lucky Fish @ George Washington Hotel – 8pm
- Jael @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
-Saturday, October 22nd
- Coffee Cantata @ Espresso Bar & Café – 5pm
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 8pm to 1130pm
- DJ Calibur @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
- Prism Mystic @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Push to Start @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Laurence McKenna @ George Washington Hotel – 8pm