The Civil War comes back to Winchester with a plethora of events this weekend to remember its importance and impact on us today.
-Civil War Weekend Events-
Mount Hebron Cemetery – A walking tour on Saturday, September 24 at 5 PM. Participants should gather at the “gatehouse” on Boscawen Street.
Stonewall Jackson’s Headquarters Museum – Featuring an open house that explores “Stonewall Jackson – The Man, The Christian,The Soldier.” Saturday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM and Sunday 12:00 -4:00.
Old Court House Civil War Museum – Featuring a first-person presentation by Beverly Pelcher titled “Winchester Women in War – Cornelia Peake McDonald” at 11:00 & 3:00 on Saturday on Sunday at 1:00 & 3:00; also featuring the Southern Grays on the courthouse lawn on Saturday only 10:00-4:00.
Winchester City Market: Join us on the Loudoun Street Mall on Saturday from 9am to 2pm as vendors of homegrown fruits, vegetables and homemade jams, baked goods, and more will be set up shop. It’s a great chance to get fresh food and support local farms and food. The Market will also feature live musical entertainment.
Magic Lantern Theatre Presents: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre: “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre” will be shown on Saturday on the back of Grace Lutheran Church, just off of Indian Alley, starting at Dusk. Admission for the movie is $6 and $4 for MLT members. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own chairs. Popcorn and soft drinks will be available.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, September 23rd
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 5pm to 1130pm
- DJ Freedomortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- The Paul Pfau Band @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Robbie Limon @ The George Washington Hotel – 5pm
- Dr Fu @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm
-Saturday, September 24th
- Koko Blue @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 8pm to 1130pm
- Duffy Kane and the Freedom Train @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Medicine Wind @ The George Washington Hotel – 8pm
- Johnny Blues Band @ Below the Fringe – 8pm
- DJ Calibur @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm