Winchester Little Theatre Presents: The 39 Steps: The Winchester Little Theatre will be presenting the final shows of their production of “The 39 Steps,” this weekend on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Directed by Sally Anderson, the play is a comedic take on Alfred Hitchcock’s 1935 film of the same name. The plot follows Robert Hannay through London after being wrongly accused of committing a murder while Monty Python-esque hilarity ensues. The Winchester Little Theatre will be running the show during the first three weekends in September. Tickets are available now from their box office and are $18.75 for adults, $16.75 for seniors, and $14.75 for students.
Guided Civil War Walking Tour of Old Town Winchester: Experience the Civil War as a civilian in Old Town Winchester! Learn about the citizens and the events that took place in Winchester during that stirring period of time. Make your reservation by calling 540-542-1326, and meet your guide at 2 N. Cameron Street. $5.00 per person, payable to your guide.
Winchester City Market: Join us on the Loudoun Street Mall on Saturday from 9am to 2pm as vendors of homegrown fruits, vegetables and homemade jams, baked goods, and more will be set up shop. It’s a great chance to get fresh food and support local farms and food. The Market will also feature live musical entertainment.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, September 16th
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 5pm to 1130pm
- DJ Freedomortiz @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Moondog Medicine Show @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Roy Levine @ The George Washington Hotel – 5pm
-Saturday, September 17th
- The Merge @ Brewbaker’s Restaurant – 10pm to 1:30am
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 8pm to 1130pm
- Jumptown @ Piccadilly’s Public House – 8pm to 12am
- Robbie Limon @ The George Washington Hotel – 8pm