Harold and the Purple Crayons Gala and Auction: The Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum will be holding a Gala and Auction on Friday, September 9th from 7-11 p.m. The event will include food and drink as well as live music from Souled Out. For ticket information: contact the Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum (540) 722-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winchester City Market: Join us on the Loudoun Street Mall on Saturday from 9am to 2pm as vendors of homegrown fruits, vegetables and homemade jams, baked goods, and more will be set up shop. It’s a great chance to get fresh food and support local farms and food. The Market will also feature live musical entertainment.
9/11 Tribute – A Community Event: The Old Town Winchester Community will be coming together on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks for a remembrance service. The event will take place on the Old Town Mall in front of the confederate soldier statue starting at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, September 11th. Following the Remembrance Service, the community is invited to participate in a “9/11 Community Honor Walk”, at 9:11 am. The walk will take participants through Old Town Winchester, and they will be encouraged to leave an American flag or flower in a designated spot to honor local fire and safety volunteers and staff. The walk route will be lined with signs offering 9/11 facts and quotes.
Live Music Schedule:
-Friday, September 9th
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 5pm to 1130pm
- Shamaicans @ Piccadilly Public House –8pm to 12am
- Junkfood @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm to 12am
- The Ambrose Dilemma @ The George Washington Hotel – 5pm
-Saturday, September 10th
- Wilderness Jam (various bands) @ Piccadilly Public House –8pm to 12am
- Seth Fromal (Jazz Piano) @ V2 Lounge and Piano Bar – 8pm to 1130pm
- Jimmy Smith, Nick Davis, Three Sound @ Below the Fringe – 8pm to 10pm
- DJ Calibur @ Sweet Caroline’s – 8pm to 12am
- Robbie Limon @ The George Washington Hotel – 8pm