The Patsy Cline Historic House is looking for volunteer docents to provide visitors an introduction and opportunity to explore the home. Docents will receive extensive training in Patsy Cline’s history, the house’s background, artifacts on exhibit, and public speaking skills.
- No special education or knowledge base is required.
- Have an interest in Patsy Cline
- Friendly, outgoing, polite, and helpful.
- Genuinely like interacting with people of all ages, backgrounds and opinions and are comfortable addressing groups.
- Well-prepared, dependable, and punctual.
- Possess the physical ability to conduct one-hour tours and navigate a small building with multiple floors.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Can and will remain enthusiastic and courteous while conveying the same information repeatedly.
- Can commit to working at least a 4-hour shift weekly for a minimum of six months April through October. Volunteers willing to work on Saturdays and Sundays are especially encouraged.